Head of Supply Chain
Interioricons.com is a well-known and rapidly expanding global ecommerce company that retails in stylish, high quality designer furniture and furnishings. We pride ourselves on the beauty and absolute quality of our products, and are now looking to strengthen our senior team by recruiting a Head of Supply Chain, reporting directly to the CEO.
This is a unique opportunity with a global remit to command the operational activities of a successful online retailer that is well on track to becoming a large global brand. If you are a meticulous, process-driven supply chain professional, with a great track record to tell us about, and the drive, tenacity and entrepreneurial spirit to meet our growth targets and maximise on the plentiful opportunities awaiting us, then please read on.
This is a varied position that will see you defining and executing the strategic direction for all of our operational activities; supply chain, fulfilment, shipping and customer services. No two days will be the same, but these are your key responsibilities:
- Analyse and streamline our operational processes, striving at all times to improve the quality of our products, reduce our delivery lead times, make our customers happier, and optimise our profitability.
- Define a strategic and tactical process for all sourcing, purchasing and product development activities, implementing industry best practices to support a best in class procurement function.
- Identify and select new suppliers in China, and cultivate strong relationships with them.
- Manage supply chain relationships through suppliers and third party logistics providers.
- Establish seamless stock management processes, ensuring that our stock levels will meet and fulfil demand with minimal delay.
- Optimise savings at all stages of the procurement process, preserving the integrity of our margin.
- Conduct market research to ensure that our products keep us at the forefront of the designer furniture industry.
- Take responsibility for our quality control and product development and put in place control measures, ensuring that our products are made from the same high quality materials as the originals, and that they resemble the originals in every single detail.
You may be currently working within the operations / supply chain team of a large retailer and looking for your next step-up. Or maybe you thrive on the buzz and pace of start-ups and are looking for your next exciting journey in a small but rapidly growing online business. We’re fairly relaxed about your background as long as you have the following:
- A methodical and process-driven mentality, and the proven ability to identify and execute effective operational improvements within a retailer’s supply chain activities.
- Expertise in strategic sourcing best practice, and solid experience of influencing, and ideally developing, a procurement strategy.
- Experience of buying manufactured retail products on an international scale, with particular exposure to sourcing deals in China and the Far East.
- An understanding of international factory operations, and previous exposure to the complexities associated with a global supply chain.
- Unerring focus on excellent quality, with experience of defining and/or implementing robust quality control measures.
- Sharp negotiation skills, commercial acumen and savviness.
- Sensitivity to different cultures.
- The ability to establish and grow strong partnerships with suppliers.
- Experience in fast moving B2C ecommerce.
- The initiative and confidence to work independently.
- Strong problem solving ability, and the sort of mind-set that views a lack of structure as an opportunity to add value rather than as an obstacle to progress.
- The ability to multi-task, and the drive and energy to consistently deliver on time and within budget.
- Hands on and happy to work in a lean and automated organisation without a large team
Additionally, these things are not essential but would move you further up our shortlist:
- Experience gained explicitly within furniture retail.
- An eye for good furniture design, and knowledge of the original classics.
- Experience of product development within China.
More about Interioricons.com
Our raison d’être is to bring beautiful and achingly stylish furniture and furnishings within reach of everyone. Highly profitable, we have invested heavily in our systems and infrastructure, and now have the foundations in place to become a global brand and the largest online replica furniture store in the world. The next critical piece of the jigsaw is to bring in the key people who will work with us to make this happen. We are highly experienced in ecommerce, brimming with ideas and enthusiasm, and incredibly excited about what the future will bring. If this sounds like your kind of journey, and you would like to join our energetic, innovative and creative international team, then we would love to meet you.
Get in Touch
For immediate consideration for this great role, please send your CV to email@example.com, along with a note explaining why we should snap you up. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Sorry if this sounds unfriendly, but we don’t really want to hear from agencies, remote workers, freelancers or people requiring visa sponsorship.